Thursday, September 30, 2010

WHY THE GHOST OF RUTH LIVES


Things are happening Yankee fans and the team did nothing tonight but get snuggled in their hotel room bed in Boston so they can get ready for the last three games of 2010. The Tampa Bay Rays lost tonight to the Kansas City Royals 3-2. Huge news. The ghost of the Bambino is alive and well and visiting Kansas City apparently. So right now, the Yankees and the Rays are TIED for first place. How exciting is that.

Each team still has three games to go. My money's on the Yankees. Girardi has made it pretty clear today that the Division series is the goal. Sure we want to rest our stars but we don't have that luxury this year. So, what do we need to do? We need to go balls out and win the Division. You know I love that.

My feeling is this, if Girardi is serious about this, a few things need to happen.


1. We can never see Mitre and Gaudin, unless we're losing my 8 runs and we have no shot.

2. Berkman needs to take pitches instead of swinging at the first one all the time. That sweet swing of his can get us some big runs.

3. Cano needs to get in the zone amd stay there. Not only can he win the MVP, but he's been so great all year and he can be the key to winning the division.

4. Home Runs are nice, but the way the Yankees played on Tuesday night when CC pitched was better; small ball, move the runners over. A bloop, THEN a blast.

All these things are important.

I'm going to bed. I'm going to dream about Pettitte going 7 innings. I'm going to dream about Dice-K getting shelled tomorrow night by the 4th inning. I'm going to dream about small ball, good pitching and speed. I'm going to dream about the Bambino giving us alittle help too.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017