Thursday, September 23, 2010

WHY IT WAS A WASHOUT


It was a combination of lousy weather, being outscored and Chad Gaudin.

Look, if this was a playoff series, we would be down 2 games to 1. I would feel bad but I understand the multiple hurdles of last night. . To me, Girardi was just getting some dudes in there who hadn't pitched lately. He basically threw the towel in, because we all know that teams chip away at the likes of Moseley, Gaudin, and even a newbie like Ring. So, the Yanks lost last night, turn the page. I hate when they lose but it was one of those games. As a player, its hard to start and stop, especially for 2 hours.

One thing I can say is Berkman's climbing back into favor. We need the little things and if people like Berkman, Kearns, Thames contribute when others need a day off and don't skip a beat, we are golden.

AJ pitched decent for a short start and I think we win the game if it doesn't rain and he continued.

The Captain's back. He's hitting real well. Couldn't be happier for Jeet.
But the bottom line is we just lost a game. Sometimes you lose them and I'm going clean slate tonight. My favorite guy's on the mound against their favorite guy. CC vs. Price is always good. CC needs to do his thing and the Yankees need to get Price like they have in the past. I'm predicting a 5-3 win tonight. I'd love to see CC with 21 wins but it's about a team win tonight. Send the Rays packing winning the series 3 games to 1. I'd like that, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017