Thursday, October 28, 2010

WHY IT'S JETER TIME

There's nothing that kills me more as a Yankee fan than watching the World Series and my team and Jeter aren't in it. Don't get me wrong, as a baseball fan, Game 1 of the World Series was really good. Since the Rangers and Giants have entered the fall classic, I've stated that I think the Giants can take it in 5 games. Do I care as a Yankee fan? No. It still stings, but baseball is such a great game. Any Yankee fan who hasn't sampled the World Series yet needs to. It's pretty good so far. But again, Jeet, Mo, Pettitte and Jorgie not in it with the Yanks is just CRAZY to me.

So... the Girardi announcment will become official Friday. 3 years, $9 Million and now we can move on to Mo, Jeter and Andy and yes, there are Jorge questions. Most important to me, I look forward to Jeter's negoiations. I have been reading that these talks will be tough and could get ugly because it's now about business and not about a love fest between Derek and the Yanks. I disagree. I think it goes smooth. Jeter's always wanted to be a Yankee and the Yankees took a chance on this kid way back in the early 90's and it's really paid off for them. I see them settling on a number, I see Jeter being level headed and understanding about his age being a factor and that he may not play shortstop for the entire length of his new contract, and I see the Yanks happy that he'll be in pinstripes for his 3000th hit and anything else that comes down the pike. I wrote WHY JETER DESERVES A PAY DAY weeks ago and as of now it's been the most read post in BYB's short history. Obviously, this topic is important to Yankee fans. We all want Jeter to be a Yankee for life, like Mantle, Guidry, Mattingly, Yogi and Munson. And guess what, don't believe the negative hype, the Yankees want it too.

Good Luck Jeet, don't get greedy, get needy.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017