Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WHY WE CAN'T WORRY

I couldn't give you statistics of how many teams have climbed back from a 3-1 deficit to win a Playoff series, or how the Yankees play in day games vs. night games, or even what CC's record is following a Yankee loss -- you know why? Because it doesn't matter!

Maybe for every other professional team stats like that matter and actually mean something, but we are the Yankees dang it -- we lead the pack, we don't follow!

FACT: AJ tried, but in the end he doesn't have what it takes. We will not have to worry about him the rest of this series or the World Series.
FACT: Tex is probably gone for the Series.
FACT: Our bullpen right now is less reliable then, well, AJ Burnett (hard to imagine, I know!).
FACT: Am I worried? NO! Let me tell you why:
Derek, Jorge, Andy, and Mariano! There is a side of me that pictures these four guys hanging out last night after the game and the conversation went something like this:
Jorge (looking at Jeter): "WHEN you get on base tomorrow night, and I'll take care of the rest! Tell Swish the same thing."
Derek: "Yep!"
Mo: "I love this!"
Andy: "I'm flying out tonight - meet you guys in Texas!"

I am not one of those fans that guarantee wins and I will not make the exception this time -- But what I will gurantee is this... The Core Four can care less about what the statistics say, and that's good enough for me! In the end, they know what winning means. Let's hope it's spreading in that clubhouse.


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer



Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017