Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WHY THINGS GET NUTTY

I bit my tongue to talk about Justin Upton until now. Why? Because this is a great outfielder that we don't really need. We have good prospects, I'm sure if we were dangling the right names in front of the D-Backs we would have Upton right now and we'd be reading a ton of articles of how the Yankees gave away Montero and now they have a catching dilemma. Cash clearly didn't dangle the RIGHT names in front of the D-Backs. And it appears the Yanks may be out of the running for Upton. Seriously? I'm happy about it. Do I like Upton? Yes. Did I want to see Gardner, Granderson or Swisher get pushed aside? No. If Thames was the everyday rightfielder for the Yankees, Cash would have given up whatever for Upton and I'd be alright with that. Cash kicked the tires, he forced the Red Sox hand to follow his lead, and he got out... I like it. For now, we are fine with some exciting outfielders. Let the Red Sox over trade for Upton... What do I care.

Now, what's a story that I loved reading about today. Well, it comes from Joel Sherman but posted on one of my favorite blogs, the Bronx Baseball Daily. The Yankees are looking feverishly for relievers. That's a story I can sink my teeth into. Names like Rafael Soriano, Pedro Feliciano, possibly even Kerry Wood being thrown around as potential setup men. I love it. Look, we need a strong bullpen behind a strong rotation. We need to hold down leads, strike out the competition and bridge to Mo. I love Wood and I'd love to have him back, but I doubt it will happen. I really think he wants to close and he'd be great at it. But who knows, maybe he loved the Yankee clubhouse and will come back for a cheaper price. Stranger things have happened. I am a huge Soriano fan, but truth be told, you don't close one year and setup the next. While it would be a great 1, 2 punch in the later innings with Soriano and Mo, I can't see it happening, although... money talks. We will see.

One things for sure this week, Cash is on the move, he's kicking tires and taking names and us blogs will have some actual news stories and analysis soon... not just all this filler. Rumors and speculation is fun, but big name athletes changing uniforms is more fun. Let's just hope it's not Gardner, Granderson or Swish.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017