Monday, March 28, 2011

WHY YOU NEED TO ROOT FOR PRIOR

Mark Prior wasn't cut today. Instead, he was sent down to Class A ball and Joe Girardi said he wouldn't be surprised if Prior makes it back with the Yankees this season. Now, for anyone who's a Prior fan, like me, you know that's great news.

Prior said about it:
"I think I probably surprised a lot of people that I can still kind of hold my own at this level and I know I can, I know my stuff is not what it was, and I don’t expect it to be, but I know it’s good enough to play at this level still.''

This spring was great for Prior, he only allowed one earned run in 7-2/3 innings and posted a 1.17 ERA. He was also able to show a good fastball and breaking ball.

Girardi said he was impressed saying Prior threw the ball good this Spring:

"If he stays healthy, I think he's got a pretty good shot.''

In case you forgot, Mark Prior signed a minor-league deal this winter. The deal had an opt-out clause in it, so, if you decides that he wants to get out of the deal if he never gets a call up by the Yankees, he can. For the moment though, that doesn't seem to be the case. For the moment, Prior is happy to be where he is and says he just wants to get back to the big show. We all want to see you there Mark, we all do.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017