Saturday, March 31, 2012

WHY THE YANKEES WON, BUT LOSE PINEDA TO DL

Today was an 8 inning game because of rain... that being said, the Yankees won beating the Astros and Raul Ibanez was apart of it. I kid you not! Both Robinson Cano and Ibanez hit 2 run homers today, but it didn't end there... One of my favorites, Dante Bichette Jr homered and I could not be happier for this kid. We interviewed Bichette in EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: DANTE BICHETTE JR and since then, we realized just how special this kid is. We here at Bleeding Yankee Blue are big fans and want the best for Dante, he's the future and I can't wait. But back to today, even Jose Gil homered today. Gotta love it.

Adam Warren pitched today and gave up 6 runs in 5 2/3 innings. Warren is one of the guys that has a good shot at getting a spot in the Yankees pen. I guess we'll have to see if that actually happens, but for the most part, I love what I see from Warren this spring and me personally...I'm pulling for him. Read more about the Yankees game HERE.
In other news, Michael Pineda was put on the DL because of tendinitis and will start the season there. Read HERE. I noticed that the Seattle Times today had a comments section, all of them talking about Michael Pineda. For the most part, this Pineda story is national, but mostly affecting Seattle and New York. One of the comments took a shot at Bleeding Yankee Blue (Read the forum HERE) because we wrote a piece titled THE LEMON? The comment read like this:

"Yankee nation will come down hard on him and Cashman. Here is a blog where they call him "The Lemon". OUCH!"

I found it weird because if they took the time to read the story, or follow Bleeding Yankee Blue, they'd know I still am a huge supporter of the trade for Michael Pineda because I know how important he will be to the Yankees organization over time. We asked the question THE LEMON? because many on Twitter last night were blasting Pineda. I was asking, is he, meaning, do you readers think he is? BYB doesn't for the record. And we also made it clear last night that no one should blame Brian Cashman, we wrote "All Michael Pineda wanted to do was pitch well and pitch hard to be chosen for the 5th spot of the rotation. Sure, if he felt pain before he went out there, he should have said something, but I don't see how that's Cashman's fault."

For Pineda, right now this is just a bump in the road, he'll learn from this and will grow to be a dominant pitcher for the New York Yankees, just as Jesus Montero will be great for the Mariners. I just wanted to point that out to you. I found it interesting.

Anyway... the Yankees win, I love it.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW!!! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017