Friday, June 29, 2012

WHY RYAN DEMPSTER MAKES THE MOST SENSE


Look, I failed to mention Ryan Dempster in my piece titled NOW THE YANKEES WILL PUSH HARD FOR PITCHING because I wanted to give Dempy his own post.  After all, this guy has been pretty darn good this season and with the Chicago Cubs... literally the most horrible ball club ever right now. Yeah, they'll have a fire sale.  I have no doubt.

Matt Garza to me is a great choice if the Yankees decide that they want to go outside the home to get stability, but Ryan Dempster makes the most sense.  Why? I’ll tell you.  For 1, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports says that the Cubs are willing to talk about trading him and they are taking offers, read HERE. Secondly, the Cubs are willing to pay much of Dempster’s $14 million salary to unload him.  Enter the Yankees, the guys that used to buy everyone, but are now willing to save a few bucks any way they can.  This Dempster deal is right up their alley.  But wait…there’s more.
Ryan Dempster will be ready to roll after the All-Star break , so as all the teams gear up to make trades by the July 31st trade deadline, the Yankees can scout Dempster when he returns, see if he’s still got it like he did before he got hurt (3-3 with a 2.11 ERA in 12 games) and if they like what they see, Cash should and most likely will get on the phone with Theo and make a deal.
Now, There is no doubt in my mind that the Yankees are not too big on Dellin Betances these days.  Not sure what happened to this kid, but a few days ago it was reported that the Yanks demoted him from AAA to AA (Read HERE) and that can only mean they don’t like what they see on the higher level.  That also means that Betances is on the bubble.  He’s can be traded at this point and he’s not the only one.  Cory Wade has been lost for a few weeks now and while he has potential to snap out of it, the Yankees don’t have any need for slackers in the already dominant bullpen.  If I’m the Yankees, I try to make a deal because this is the perfect scenario for them. The Cubs will pick up salary on Dempster and there are guys the Yanks are willing to move.

Dempster is the perfect rental and trust me, I see this going down before a Zack Greinke, Matt Garza, Francisco Liriano or King Felix for sure. Pay attention to this one, my guts acting up.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017