Friday, September 28, 2012

SWISHER'S EXPLODING AT THE RIGHT TIME


Nick Swisher makes me happy.  I like watching him in the field.  Sure, he’s not exactly the first baseman we’re used to, but for God sake, he’s out there every day, not complaining, just working.  I think all that confidence is starting to pay off.  Like the other day when he had to play that grounder down the first base line and turned and threw a bulls eye at Robinson Cano for the out...outstanding.

Finally Nick Swisher appears to be out of his slump and just rolling.  The big question I have for the Bronx Elvis is, can he keep it rolling as we push hard to the playoffs?  Let’s not forget, the Baltimore Orioles are pushing very very hard right now and through it all, the Yankees have managed to keep ahead.  Now, no doubt the Yankees had a huge opportunity Thursday night in Toronto and blew it 6-0, but that’s baseball, Brandon Morrow was good and the Yankees offense was terrible, but we need to forget it and win the rest, that's the bottom line! And we will, we have to.
Nick Swisher has hit 3 home runs in the last 5 games. There is no question he’s locked in. I do wonder if locking in now will translate to locking in in the playoffs.  Sure, I probably shouldn’t be speaking of the playoffs while I just mentioned just how dominant the Orioles have been, but I have confidence…I believe in my Yankees.

Over the past few years, Nick Swisher has been less than stellar during the playoffs.  Here’s his line, it was worse than I remember. 16-100, 4 HR, 5 RBI, .160 AVG.

So what’s the difference this time around? He needs to show up, for the Yankees and for him.  This is his Free agent year and while there is apart of me that believes he and the Yankees can work out a way for him to take a hometown discount to stay with the Yanks next year, there is no guarantee considering this is the first time in his career that he’s a free agent.  Do I want him to stay a New York Yankee? Yes. Does he want to be here? Sure, but every ballplayer has that ego, “What can I get in the free market?”  If you don’t believe that, you’re blind.
Sure right now Nick's got a .262 average and 24 homers and counting, but let’s hope he stays hot from now and through the playoffs, because the Yankees are coming, but we need our bats hot…are you listening Nick? No pressure.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017