Sunday, March 31, 2013

DON'T COUNT THE YANKEES OUT LIKE ESPN DID


"1. New York Yankees finish last in AL East.
 

It hasn’t happened in 22 years, since the Yankees finished 67-95 and seven games in back of the Milwaukee Brewers, but the Yankees could very easily go from first in 2012 to worst in 2013. And, with the American League’s largest payroll, there is additional pressure to win in addition to their own high standards of success."

That quote comes from Jim Bowden of ESPN in a piece titled 10 bold predictions for 2013 season, HERE. Let me state that I hate when ESPN commentators or writers use the word "prediction" when talking about the Yankees.  They might as well call it a "guess."  They like to diminish anything Yankeeland does and even if they seem complimentary at times, they always have a backhanded comment to follow.  It's the nature of ESPN, and we've learned to live with it... but it ain't right. This is also my opinion and observation of course... you may disagree.

Truth is, if you're a Yankee fan, you have to believe, no matter who's on the field.  If you want a better idea of what we mean, read Rudy Lauren's piece from earlier today on BYB, titled THE YANKEES HAVE WHAT IT TAKES IN 2013, and don't fall into the trap of predicting anything before a first pitch is thrown. Why? Because, if Jim Bowden's wrong, he just comes out and says "What, it was a prediction?" and he moves on. But if he's right... he gets to say... "Oh look at me, I got that right, I'm amazing... ESPN, pay me more!"  I like Jim Bowden, he's smart. He says smart stuff... but this one is just super silly stuff. You know what I mean? For the record, guys like Ian O'Connor do it right over at ESPN and he doesn't fall into that black hole.

Let's call the whole thing what it is... a guess.  Yeah, and we call these people baseball experts.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017