Thursday, January 30, 2014

MICHAEL YOUNG: YANKEES OR RETIREMENT?


Well, the 37 year old Michael Young chose retirement over trying to stick around and playing for perhaps the Yankees, or the Dodgers, or anyone for that matter.  There you have it.

Then I got to thinking about all the Yankees that are 37 or more, and still aren't retired;  Hiroki Kuroda. Brian Roberts. Carlos Beltran. Matt Thornton. Even Derek Jeter.

Then I just got deeply depressed, looked at my 42 year old frame in the mirror and immediately went for a 5 mile run while carrying weights.  I currently can't move my arms or legs right now and have shin splints... I won't do that again.


Anyway... the report from Ken Rosenthal at FOX Sports.com is that Young is retiring:
Now, there is no indication that Young got an offer from the Yankees officially, but I can tell you he did, because it makes sense that he did... we need a third baseman with veteran experience, we've been connected to him before and we like the old guys. It's what we do... right Brian Roberts?

Don't worry ladies and gentlemen... Young's retiring, but I hear Chipper Jones might be available.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fasted growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017