Sunday, October 23, 2016

CLINT FRAZIER SLAMS SCOUT!


There 's a ton of excitement surrounding Clint Frazier. You remember, we got Frazier from the Indians for pitcher Andrew Miller.

As you all know Miller has been rolling in the playoffs for the Tribe, and America is falling in love with him. That same love Yankee fans felt for the guy before we let him go. I mean, if he wasn't under contract with the Indians, I would re-sign him and bring him back... WITH Aroldis Chapman! Anyway... I digress...

I found this interesting.  NJ.com had an article about a scout that was pretty critical of Frazier, in a nutshell saying he's trying to hard to smash home runs and it will hurt him. I hate critics. Anyway,  read this from NJ.com... because the best part is when Frazier dropped the scout! NJ.com writes:


"The scout's take on Frazier, a 22-year-old Loganville, Ga., native who currently is ranked by MLB Pipeline as the 15th best prospect in baseball?

'I don't believe Frazier is going to be what some people think he's going to be early in his career,' the scout said. 'I think he's trying too hard to be too much of a power hitter instead of being an overall accomplished, polished hitter.'

Frazier hit .263 with 15 homers and 55 RBIs this past season in 119 Double-A and Triple-A games, including .228 with three homers and seven RBIs in 25 games Triple-A games after being traded. He thinks the scout is off base.


'To say I'm trying to hit home runs is completely wrong,' Frazier said by phone. 'I think it's been timing issues with my swing. My timing was off for a lot of Triple-A, so I tried to make up for it by speeding things up. And I speed things up by swinging harder. But I never went up there trying to hit a home run.'"

And add to that, what the hell does a scout know about what's going on in the dude's mind when he comes up to the plate?  Obviously with speed changes, a higher level of play, adjustment is apart of it.  And any scout would know that. That one didn't have a clue. I'm thrilled that Frazier went after him a bit. I like his spunk... I dig his emotion there!

Clint Frazier will be just fine.  The kid will look great and play great in pinstripes. That's because he already understands what needs to be done.

Anyway, I had to share it. I dig this dude!

Lamborghini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017