Saturday, September 16, 2017

YANKEES MIGHT WANT HOSMER THIS OFFSEASON

Photo: Getty Images
I love this nugget from Jon Heyman about the possibility of the Yankees trying to pursue Eric Hosmer this offseason... but to be honest, I'm calling BS on it.  Just because I'm not so sure we need the dude.

Whatever the case, here it is:

Photo: Getty Images
"Could he possibly benefit from a Yankees-Red Sox battle? It isn’t out of the question. Boston seems like an obvious choice. But how about the Yankees? They are talking about trying to get below the luxury tax threshold, will need pitching and still seem to hope that Greg Bird will overcome his myriad injuries and become a dependable first-base solution.

“They could be in play,” one person close to the team said.

But the Yankees are said to love Hosmer, who brings the kind of clutch and leadership they seek."

Aug. 22, 2017 - Source: Ed Zurga/Getty Images North America
Do the Yankees like Hosmer? Everything that I have heard points to yes.  Do they need him? No. Do they love leadership in the clubhouse? Absolutely. Is Hosmer on the radar? I'm saying not now... but who knows. The idea of the Sox trying to pursue him too makes it interesting.

I still like this nugget, but we'll have to see how it plays out.  Bottom line, I would love Hosmer on our team. I just don't know if he's a good fit with what we already have.

More soon...


Shop BYB 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017